Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chopper time?

all chopper style cutomisers change the exhaust tube and bend it thier own way. wont this affect the scavenging capablity of the exhaust?? and that if u absolutely dont have a silencer chamber at all, whata thunder it would be?? coz i've heard that bikes are loud but not thunderous that they are heard 5 blocks away.



how do we control emission to meet emission standards in a modified engine??Chopper time?
most customisers who build ';choppers'; don't care how the bike runs or handles, it is all about what it looks like...

personally, if you are going to customise a bike, why spend a fortune to make it handle and go worse than stock just to look pretty.Chopper time?
HUH !!

I dont change mine I make them on my bender. The Style is up to the customer Im Building him a ';Custom'; bike i dont build them for me-I do use a mock up set of pipes draw a line of paint on them after set up i fire it up run it for a mile or two then 4 inches past where the paint is still on it thats the size pipes i bend for it

I use 2 1/4 inch copper tubing then its off to the chrome shop

As for control of the emissions thats my tuners job
I have old school up sweeps on mine just straight pipes with fishtail tips and they are just fine no complaints so far you have no trouble hearing it but not bad
there are baffles that can be slid into any pipes end. my drag pipes have baffles somewhere..... just not in the pipes (they must be on the bench someplace)
  • camera
  • hair fallicle
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment