Monday, June 6, 2011

Guitar amp help- Vox AD15VT-?

I have had this amp maybe four or five years- Recently I have been getting a lot of distortion and the volume doesn't seem to kick up as high as it used to.



Would changing out the tube in the pre amp section help to clean any of this up? That's the only tube this amp has- I'm mostly sure. If you know more than me please feel free to tell me about it.



I've never owned an all tube amp so I don't know how a valve behaves when it's getting old and should be replaced.



Any other help or idea's would be appreciated.Guitar amp help- Vox AD15VT-?
hello there,



Your AD15VT has a single tube, a 12AX7. After 4 years of use, I would not be surprised if the tube is ready to be replaced. Before I bought a new tube, I would check the old one. Have it checked on a tube tester, any electronics repair shop should be able to test it for you.



I have played some Vox amps and love them. However, I have not played the AD15VT. I checked the reviews at Harmony Central. Seems like several folks have experienced sound volume problems. Granted some of the guys who wrote the reviews may not understand how to use and maintain a tube amp, but enough of them commented about volume changes to make me wonder if there could be some other problem. That is why I suggest testing the tube first. If the tube needs replacement, great. Pop in a new one and you are back in business. However, if the tube is not the problem, then it is time to take it to the shop to find the cause.



Later,Guitar amp help- Vox AD15VT-?
that would be my best guess...though i'm not sure how easy it is to access the tubes in the preamp.



honestly i'd take it into a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment