Monday, June 6, 2011

My Bicycle's rear Tyre is Touching my Bike Frame.?

I recently changed my bicycles tube and then when i started riding my bike i noticed some friction, i looked over and i saw my wheel was colliding with the frame. ( i have never had this problem).



The bike tyre has left a gap on one side and is touching the frame on the other.

I wan't to know how i can fix this problem.



( this is my last resort. I have searched all over with no luck so if you could find me something i would really appricate it)



Thanks for your timeMy Bicycle's rear Tyre is Touching my Bike Frame.?
all u have 2 do is lossin the tire and pull back and mack sure the tire is even and keep pullin when u tighten the tire.My Bicycle's rear Tyre is Touching my Bike Frame.?
Sounds to me like the wheel is out of true, not perfectly round anymore. Take it to the bike shop and have it looked at.
It is a problem with the rim, it is bent. To remedy this problem take it to any bicycle shop that only sells bikes and you can get it fixed for around $15-$30. Or if you want a new one it will depend on the bike type so it could be anywhere from $20-$100 for a new rim.
you can often loosen the bolt until the wheel is not firmly held push the wheel into the centre of the fork and re tighten, this often happens if you hit a large bump.
try bike upside down .!!sounds like you put it on backwards take rim off bike flip it around!!if that didnt work do this...loosen the axle bolts on both sides nuge tire to even the space on both side between tire and frame making sure axle is squared to frame.tighten the bolts you may have to do this 2 or 3 times .check by spining tire .if that doesnt work you may need to have your rim ';trued';(straightened out)
does it only touch in a particular area when the wheel spins? it could be out of true. take it to a shop so they can straighten it out. this is not something average Joe should attempt.



it it always touches the frame and you have the old style dropouts (where the axle slides into the frame), then most likely you didnt slide the axle in evenly. unscrew the bolts on each side of the axle a little. straighten out the wheel with you hand, then with the other hand, tighten down the bolts again. use a wrench when it gets tought, but dont let the wheel slip out again.
i would say loosen the side where the gap is and tighten the other, if this doesnt work make sure the wheel isnt on backwards, if this still doesnt help take it to a bicycle shop where the wheel should be trued(not something to try on your own unless you know how)

No comments:

Post a Comment