Monday, June 6, 2011

I changed my rear bike tire and now I can't pedal. How do I fix this?

I changed my rear tube and now my bike won't pedal. When I took off the tire I had it on the smallest cog. Once I got it pumped up and replaced onto the bike I spun it to make sure it wasn't rubbing on the tire or the rim. So I hopped on it went around once and then I had this sinking pedalling feeling and then suddenly halted. I don't know how to fix this and I really hope someone can help.









Simple Giant - (7 speed cruiser)I changed my rear bike tire and now I can't pedal. How do I fix this?
Always don't panic you don't need the bike shop yet ok,

CALMLEY go and put the bike upside down and this will let you see whats happening it went before

the puncture so its going to go again.

check that the chain is on the sprocket correctly at the wheel it might not be on the sprocket correct.



check that the wheel is alligned correct not rubbing on the side of frame or the front also as suggested already make sure the quick reliese is tight.

all that ok well turn the cranks around as if you were on the bike and shoud put itself into the correct gear if that dosen't work add to your question what has happened or not happened so we can add to answer and sort it out. you have to do this your self as you need to be able to fix a punture out on the road on your own.if the bike was brought at a bike shop you should have asked to be showen how to take of and put back a wheel as part of the sale of the bike.good luck and add to question as to what happens plenty here to help.I changed my rear bike tire and now I can't pedal. How do I fix this?
my advise ,if you dont know whats what or how to do anything with a bike take it to a good bike shop
sounds like your wheel's quick release is out of alignment. loosen rear wheel qr and retighten.
A ton of videos %26amp; ';how to's'; on the link below from Google. Before tackling any project you've never done before, you should take photos %26amp; notes of how everything looked 'BEFORE'. Then you can get it right 'AFTER'.



If you can't figure it out - time for a trip to the bike shop.
go to a bike shop,



at least go look and see what is wrong

is the chain off?

jammed/./?

wheel rubbing?



we don;t know, go look!



wle
My guess is that your tire is rubbing against your chainstay. Make sure that both sides are centered even in the rear dropouts. A good way to ensure this is to pull the rear brake tightly while you are tightening the quick release skewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment