Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?

How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?

Question Details: In Tupac's song ';Changes';, there is the line that you see above. How would you interpret that line? Who is the Devil? Who is the brother? Ntice that he sings the Devil, not a Devil.

you can find the lyrics to the song here %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac...

and the song it self on you tube; just type: changes - tupacHow can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
LOL @ you overanalyzing something, trying to make 1 line to be more than it actually is...



It means what it means...Devil, as in THE Devil, Satan, etc.

A brother being a close friendHow can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I figure he is saying ';the devil'; instead of ';a devil'; because the former metaphorically implies that the devil, was behind taking his ';brother'; and not a single persons actions. As for the brother, I would assume it could be any black male he was close to as many African Americans utilize the word brother, out of it's original context, to mean a friend or loved one.
i would think he means the devil taking a friend or family member that he is close to. as far as i know there is only one Devil, and a brother would be someone he is close to
He's basically expressing his immense surprise in the cruelty Of the Devil..... You know cuz the Devil is the epitome of evil..
I see the devil as bad influences, drugs, which can get anyone no matter how close they are to people who love and try to protect them
Maybe it means 'how can my brother go down a bad path while I'm influencing to go the good path'
  • database
  • what is a cd rom
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment