Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to make a Bb PVC clarinet?

How can I make a Bb PVC clarinet?



I have a Clarinet mouthpiece. I've searched for tutorials on how to make a PVC clarinet and I can't find one that's in they key of Bb, only A and D. Is it possible to convert an A instrument into a Bb instrument simply by changing the length of the tube right after the mouthpiece or does it have to be completely different?



A link to a Bb pvc clarinet howto would be ideal!



Thanks!How to make a Bb PVC clarinet?
Well, technically, I think you would be able to- since the longer the bore/pipe, the lower/flatter the instrument. Try make it the same length as a real Bb clarinet- from barrel to bell, and see if that works, otherwise, just try until it works.

Wouldn't hurt trying!

xoxoxHow to make a Bb PVC clarinet?
Simple acoustics - the length of a pipe gives its pitch.

The bell shape affects the lowest notes.

Any holes would have to be EXACTLY placed to get near correct pitch.



This is a good science project!



http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/clarineta
I have no idea how to do that, but that is the coolest thing I've ever heard of.
This would taste horrible, with that pipe glue... yick.

No comments:

Post a Comment