Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change my Front Axel Seals?

I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler 4WD I have no idea on what tool to use to pull the drive axel seals out of the front end. The seals sit about 10 to 12 inches inside the tube. I would like to know what tool and anything else I need to know to remove themHow do I change my Front Axel Seals?
You have to pull the diff carrier out to get to them and then use a seal puller which means taking your entire front differential apart.



They are a major pita and you may, depending on your diff, need a diff spreader to get the whole thing back together, reset your gears, the whole thing is a job that requires specialized tools and knowledge to do it right.How do I change my Front Axel Seals?
have you tried googling it?
This is NOT a job for a beginer. Take it to a real mechanic, I'm not trying to dis' ya but if you have to ask you can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment