Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is it like to get tubes tied?

I am looking to get my tubes tied. I'm 26 with 2 kids so I know I want them tied. I just have a few questions about it. How long do you have to be out of work? How painful is it during, and then after? How much did you have to pay?Did you get pregnant after?How does it change your period?

I know what the websites say and what the doctors will say I just wanted to hear from actual women on what it is like.What is it like to get tubes tied?
I had mine tied after my 2nd child, they do put you under, I thought that was the most difficult part. I had no pain afterwards, didnt even use the pain medication they gave to me.....but everyone is different. My period has become a little heavier than before. But like I said, everyone is different.

Now I have had mine tied for 2 years, and no problems, but I had a friend that had hers done about a year and got pregnant. They do not promise 100% results and make you sign something before they do it , that you understand that.What is it like to get tubes tied?
You lucky thing! I am 28, with 2 kids, and my GP wont even refer me until i am either 30 years old, or married...are you in the UK? If so, how did you convince them that you wanted to be steralised?
I haven't had it done (hubby %26amp; I still debating on who gets sterilized), however, a former co-worker of mine just had it done (she has only one daughter and close to 40). She said it was a day surgery - she took of Friday and had it done that morning and returned to work on the following Monday. I guess a weekend is enough to recouperate. She said it wasn't that painful during, but afterwards a bit of discomfort. Her insurance paid for it, you'd have to call yours. The other people I know who have had it have not had any pregnancies after the surgery, however I know some have told me the monthly cramps are horrible. Others have had no discomfort at all. I guess it just really depends. . .
I had my tubes tied 3 and a half years ago. i don't know about going back to work but, I do know that it you might have a little bit of pain it wasn't that bad. I didn't get pregnant after. My insurance covered it. You should be able to ask at your local hospital for the cost. It did change my period it made it easier I don't have every much pain with it any more and it's shorter now. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment