Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How can I change the spout on a kegerator bought from the store (bestbuy)?

The way my back bar is set up in my house, I am going to have to run the line from behind a wall and up through a counter top. Is it possible to move the tubing, tree, and spout so it sits on my counter top without damaging the integrity of the kegerator itself???How can I change the spout on a kegerator bought from the store (bestbuy)?
sounds like it will work, i wouldn't drill anything yet...but those things are made to take a beating so anything is worth a try...How can I change the spout on a kegerator bought from the store (bestbuy)?
Yes..I've done this myself. Remove the tower from the top (4 screws) then run the lines as you normally would. I put some insulation in the existing hole to plug it up. Works great for me. Oh yeah...don't forget a drip tray !!!!!
Look online for either kits or parts, to reroute through your bar you'll also want a way to either insulate the line so it doesn't go bunk on you or a way to purge it. Most local homebrewer shops would probably be more than willing to talk to you and help out as they are some of the most enthuzed do it your selfer's out there. And many have experience with kegerators and tap systems and the like.
Real Simple......Unscrew the tree....run the new tubing.....screw the tree into the counter....load kegerator...cool down....enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment