Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I connect my new fridge to the old water tube?

I already have a plastic water line with a on off switch coming up through the floor. I bought a new fridge and when they delivered it they said they could not install it because of the plastic tube- they said I had to change it- I've been to home depot etc and have no clue how to do it because everything else seems to be for the actual installation of a brand new line whereas in this case I need to know how to change the existing line. Any answers??How do I connect my new fridge to the old water tube?
You shouldn't have to change the tubing all refers as far as I know come with a 1/4 in line. Get a adapter from Home Depot or Lowe's and you should be good to go. You might cut off a small piece of you old tubing and the fitting on the refer and take them with you that should help a lot.

Good LuckHow do I connect my new fridge to the old water tube?
You didn't say ';why'; it needs to be changed. If it takes a different size tubing, you will be running a new line. If the nut on the end of the tubing is not the correct one, you may be able to buy and install a new one. You would need to go to the parts section at HD. They have all types of connectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment