Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change this from active voice to passive voice?

Active voice: ';I then stood in front of the mirror';

';I place the cardboard tube up to my eye and looked through it';



In passive voice, the 'I' and 'my' need to be omitted.



Thank you very muchHow do I change this from active voice to passive voice?
Neither is active....to be active it would read ';I stand in front of the mirror'; and ';I place the cardboard tube up to my eye and look through it.'; Then to make them passive, ';I STOOD in front of the mirror.'; and ';I PLACED the cardboard tube in front of my eye and looked through it';How do I change this from active voice to passive voice?
the answer you have chosen as the best answer is TOTALLY worng!

PLACED and STOOD are past NOT passive

the sentence ';I stood..'; can't be passive.only transivtive verbs(=verbs that need a direct object) can be transformed into passive.

and : I placed the cardboard...%26gt;the cardboard WAS PLACED...

Report Abuse


Use a verb that is being done by the object TO the subject. I don't know if you need to use the exact words that you already have, but an example would be ';the cardboard tube was looked through'; (cardboard tube is the subject, but it's not the noun that is DOING the action of the verb) or ';I was shown my reflection by the mirror.'; (again, the subject is ';I'; but it is the mirror that is acting).
Take a look at this :

http://www.opelax.com/online_lessons/upperintermediate/passive.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment