Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I check/change oil in a 1996 yamaha 760 wave runner? I can not find a dipstick or oil inlet tube?

am unable to locate dipstick/oil filler tube, do not know much about this machine, just got it.How can I check/change oil in a 1996 yamaha 760 wave runner? I can not find a dipstick or oil inlet tube?
This is a 2-stroke (premix gas) There should be an oil reservoir bottle that you add the oil into and then the engine injects the oil with gas. Does away with the need to premix like the old days.How can I check/change oil in a 1996 yamaha 760 wave runner? I can not find a dipstick or oil inlet tube?
motorcycles and wave runners often do NOT have dipstick (like a car) because they often fall over (or upside down).



Look for a large plastic plug (about the size of an old dollar coin) that you can open with your hand. It will have a 3 inch ';dip stick'; under it.





Good Luck...
2 cycles do not have crank case oil ...the fuel is a mix of oil and gas

No comments:

Post a Comment