Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I remove the locking ring on my filter housing on my spa / hot tub. It won't budge, any suggestions?

Need to change the filter to my hot tube, I cannot get the locking ring to move.How do I remove the locking ring on my filter housing on my spa / hot tub. It won't budge, any suggestions?
If you are talking about the large band clamp that goes around the filter to keep the top ';bubble'; fitted to the base, then try this. Pour some hot water around the clamp and let it sit for a couple minutes to wet the clamp and surfaces (water is a lubricant) and then give it some LIGHT taps with a block of wood or a rubber mallet. DO NOT hit it too hard or you risk breaking one of the components. Do not try oils as this could break down the plastics over time or get in and contaminate the filter and spa. They are pesky... keep trying.

good luckHow do I remove the locking ring on my filter housing on my spa / hot tub. It won't budge, any suggestions?
Assuming you're turning it in the proper direction, it may be ';cemented'; in place by mineral deposits. Try tapping it with a plastic hammer or large screwdriver handle.



If that doesn't work, maybe squirt some lime-removal product around the fitting and let it sit for a 1/2 hour or so, then try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment