Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do you get the last squeezes out of the new plastic tubes?

I'm talking about toothpaste, hand cream, hair products, etc. They changed their packaging so that you can't roll the bottom up anymore. It unrolls and it is almost impossible to get the rest of the product. Today I just cut the bottom off!How do you get the last squeezes out of the new plastic tubes?
Ha! You figured out as I did. It's the only way to get the last drops from the top of the tube. Hulk Hogan isn't strong enough to squeeze the last part out.How do you get the last squeezes out of the new plastic tubes?
I just give up after a while. I've seen those toothpaste tube rollers, but can never find them in the stores. I sure like your idea. I'm going to try that next time.
us true seniors with false teeth do not habe that problem we use tablets!!!
Just like you I cut the darn things open, then I stick them in a baggie untill I get the last dab out of them.
I have been cutting the ends off the tubes for a long time. With the price of some prescription creams, it is a good thing to do. It is surprising how many more applications are still in the container.
That is what I do too. just cut the end off and put in a ziploc baggie.
I have a ';key'; I made out of a piece of rolled up copper tubing with a slit cut in it and pounded one end as a ';handle';...works to get almost everything out except the very end where the top of the tube widens out.
THATS WHAT I DO...GOOD JOB
Yeah! What's up with thaaat? I turn things upside down, squeeze a lot. I'm almost on the verge of squeezing the toothpaste as much as I can, then suck it out. I use to laugh at my mom for putting about a tablespoon of water in the ketsup bottle then shake it to get it out. Now I do that myself. lol She always said, 'that's a bite.' When I make meatloaf, or have something where I can do that, I most always do. Funny how we end up imitating our parents as we have gotten older.
Hi Granny,

I don't blame you one bit My Friend.. I am with you, especially the high cost of things now a days.

Your Friend,

poppy1
I take a hair brush or comb and run it on the side to push as much as possible to the top then I cut the tube close to the top and scoop out the rest. I do this with my tubes of makeup too. There is really a lot left in there!

I dilute my shampoo with water. It spreads easier and lathers better and works just as well if not better.
I too cut off the bottom, also up the side and cut the top off. Open it up flat and next time I use whats in the top.

It pays to be frugal.



I also dilute my shampoo and body wash when it gets down about 1/4 of the way. Shake it good each time you use it. I did this with my kids. They never knew.

DeeJay.
With toothpaste, I switched to Pepsodent. It tastes good and is inexpensive and I don't fight for the last dab.
That is the way to get the job done.I have done this for all sorts of stuff.I even rinse my detergent bottles.....
OK I don't like to waste but time is important too so I don't fight it just get a new tube and now that I have put a speed alarm on my car am saving heaps----no more speeding fines and better petrol economy so can certainly buy new ones sooner------perhaps save tubes until run out and forget to replace then will have to do the cutting thing so thanks for that.
I found a gadget in a magazine that is shaped like a ';T';. The top part of the ';T'; is the handle and the bottom part has a little slit in it almost to the top part of the ';T';. You put the almost empty tube into the slit and use the top part as a handle to roll the bottom up. You'd be surprised how much you can get out of a tube you almost threw away! You can find the in any of the ';senior products'; type magazines and they're pretty cheap.
They make these clips that press it out.
I do the same cut them open with scissors.
I just roll and go.But, then I don't like the way it looks.I open a new tube and throw the old one away.
Just roll em from the bottom like the old ones
You use those squarish type paper clips the ones that you would use at work to hold a stack of papers together. Not regular paper clips they won't hold the plastic. They are usually black and come in a few different sizes. Or you can also use those potato chip clips they also work just as well, the small ones not the big ones. Cutting off the end just gets too messy.
hello granny, i like all the suggestions. I have been wasting toothpaste !! I will start cutting the tube.

bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment