Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bike upgrade Questions. 10+ to best answer!?

Alright now, Whats the plastic thing, grip, in which your hands are always touching?

Well that part worn off, so my question would be, is there such thing as high end or low end ';grip';?

OR can I just buy any that will feel good on my hands?



2 Question.



As for tires, how do you choose them? I only have a mountain bike, and travel 30 miles round trip to my school and back. I always prefered mountain tires because in Mexico, the road gets quite rough when at high speeds (around 25 mph) and I feel road tires will not take any stress.

Do I just get a mountain tire, the flattest possible?



3 Question.



My crank seems to be acting ******ed lately, sometimes with just a simple jump(sometimes) the speeds change, and after I fall it tried to back to the original ones I were in, and the chain gets stuck! I have to go 1 full pedaling backwards to get it fixed. I hope you know what I mean, is that an easy fix? Think performance bike will include it in its ';Free tune-ups';?



4 Question.



What wears out first? Shoes or the pedals? and how often do you get new for each(pedals/shoes)?



5 Question



Are forte tubes really weak? or is it my tire is just too weak? I changed the tube like 1 month ago, and it was flat when I was going to use it again. Flat as in it had to be patched. Or does hot conditions make it get deteriorated?Bike upgrade Questions. 10+ to best answer!?
1. Yes different levels of quality. You get what you pay for. Since you mentioned Performance Bike look here:

http://search.performancebike.com/search



#2 I have always had great luck with Continental tires. Wear long and give me confidence in high speeds.

http://search.performancebike.com/search



#3 Take it to Performance Bike and tell them what is happening. Have them measure your chain for wear. I have had that happen with a stretched chain on a 27 gear bike (9 speed cassette). It could be a front derailleur adjustment too.



#4 My shoes wear out first, since I walk some on them too. Pedals can be maintained by greasing unless they are high end with sealed bearings, in which case the shoes will wear out first.



#5 Sounds like you had a pinch flat from mounting -- if I understood your question. Here are the best tubes you can buy for your conditions, but even they are going to go flat if you pinch them in mounting. Always mount your tires by hand. Be careful to not let the tube be caught between the bead and the rim by checking constantly while mounting. These tubes have slime in them to seal small punctures.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/ProfBike upgrade Questions. 10+ to best answer!?
Answer to Question 5.

I air up my tires every ride or two. A tire will easily go low or flat in a month's time. Also the best prevention for flat tires is to maintain tire pressure. That means airing up every day or two.

Answer to Question 4.

For me, shoes and pedals last a long time. I am talking several years for quality pedals and shoes. I would suspect the shoes will go first if you do a yearly re-greasing of the pedal bearings.

Answer to Question 1.

Buy what feels good to your hands. Changing grips or handlebar tape is just par for the course. For road bikes I have used Cinelli cork tape for years. See below for my source of Cinelli tape.
1. Get those Lock On

grips by Logo for $19.95 at Greenfishsports.com 2. the Kenda Short Tracker from the Tomac signature tires will be your best choice.(bikebling.com) 3. Replace the damn thang! Get a RACE FACE XC ISIS for a mere $43 at wheelworld.com!!! 4. The Shoes! Just buy the NW Rockster or Runaway from wheelworld.com for $69 only!!! For the pedals get the Crank bros. 'Smarty' for $28 only at Bestbikezone.com--- 5.Buy the Price Point (www.pricepoint.com) Tube set of 5 ---$12 only!!! ( Hope your queries were replied---Ride hard!!!)
  • camcorders
  • How does quilt wizard work
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment