Saturday, November 20, 2010

What can you add to campfires to make the flames change colors, besides copper tubing?

I would like something that you can place in a campfire to make the flames change colors. I have seen it been done with a copper tube and a garden hose, but I would like to see some other colors. If anyone has tried anything else that has worked please respond and give great detail on how to prepair it.What can you add to campfires to make the flames change colors, besides copper tubing?
put a blue airheads wrapper in it...it turns greeen



there are things similar to firestarters in the camping section of wal-mart for about $5, but ive never tried them......What can you add to campfires to make the flames change colors, besides copper tubing?
There use to be this stuff for fire places. You put some in and you would get colored flames. I'm not sure where you would find it maybe a hardware store or possible a sports store.
I got this information off some other person's answer, so I can't vouch for it. These colors are supposed to be made out of household products.

White- Epsom salts ( magnesium sulfate)

Yellow- Table salt (sodium chloride)

Green- Boric acid (used for eye wash)

I would give the person credit if I remembered his name. I would like to thank him myself. I gave him a best answer vote.
pinecones
salt

No comments:

Post a Comment