Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do u change a flourecent tube bulb? I know how but...?

It wont come out. I twist the tube as far as it will go in both directions and try to slide it out of the slot, but it wont. I don't even feel it halfway trying to slide out. I even turn it just a little bit, same thing. I try to look threw the slot with a flash light to see if I see the tongs as I turn. Can't see nothing. It is not spring loaded. I can see no release button. It is a 4 ft long balast fixture light that holds 4 tubes in my kitchen. I am trying to take out two. After two hours of this.. I'm fuming of course.How do u change a flourecent tube bulb? I know how but...?
Turn off the power and gently pull (bend) the plastic connector away from bulb until bulb slips out. I did one like this two days ago.

MarkHow do u change a flourecent tube bulb? I know how but...?
There should be a small indentation or mark on the flor. tube. Twist the tube so the indentation is facing down ( and up). Push the end holder ( tombstone) away if needed. A little force may be needed, but the tubes can take quite a bit a force before breaking, so don't be afraid. Pull straight down and replace with new bulb. Make sure the notch is horizontal, or perpendicular to the tombstones
Stop and catch your breath. As I tell all who learn from me,'; Your not holding your mouth right';. Little humor there I'm sorry but you need to know that it twists to the right or left in a 1/4 inch turn if you look at the bottom of the light end you can see the slots you have to move a tight connection in. When you twist this you can see the pin at the bottom. Now slowly pull down. Not with a lot of pressure but wiggle it downward and a slight twisting motion. Just make sure you do not touch the end of the lamp with one end in the fixture and the light be on you will get hit with voltage even if the lamp is half out.

No comments:

Post a Comment