Monday, November 22, 2010

Cloudy white water fish tank?

I think its a bacterial boom or bloom or whatever its called. I cleaned my rena filstar xp 2 really good i shouldnt have but for some reason i didnt think about it i rinsed the stars i know thats where the bacteria stays and when i siponed my tank i made sure to pick up all decorations and cleaned really well just to get rid of any waste i normally dont get also i changed my tubes for the airstone sorry i forgot what there called and i changed my filter cartridge for my penguin 150 i think is what it is. well after i pored water in the tank next thing i know bam my tanks super cloudy and by morning it was so cloudy i couldn't see so i freaked and siphoned my water again and well its still hasnt gotten better i probly siphoned about 40 percent of the water the first time and only 15 percent the second time i didnt want to hurt my fish. well in reading about the bacteria it seemed like the most logical thing that could of happened to my tank and anyways i cant figure out how to get ridCloudy white water fish tank?
It's a bacterial bloom. It'll settle down on its own and it won't harm the fish but it sounds like the filter has had to start the cycle again. How did you clean the filter - tankwater or tapwater?



Get a liquid based test kit and keep checking ammonia and nitrite levels. If they start to rise, start carrying out DAILY water changes of 15%.



If the tank is cycling again - yes, you do cut feeding - but not because of the bacteria. You WANT the bacteria in the tank. You cut feeding to reduce the amount of ammonia getting into the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment