Monday, November 22, 2010

I just got a fender super champ xd. Questions about it?

I just got a fender super champ xd yesterday. Is it normal for this amp to make a buzz sound that all amps make when they are loud. i don't have it loud. only at about level two.



is it normal for amps to get hot in the back when being played.

About how long does this amp last?

How often do you think I will have to change the tubes?



where can I find the manufacture date on this product?



sorry for all the questions. i don't really know about amps. this is the second amp i get, the first real amp. my first one was a small crate amp.I just got a fender super champ xd. Questions about it?
if your amp buzzes a lot, make sure your cords are in good shape. Try checking where your cords are running... I discovered just last week that running shielded cords past the right side of a fender amp will pick up hum from the power supply... I was surprised by this, because I thought the shield would eliminate that... and because I've been playing for decades and never ran into it before....



yes it is normal for a tube amp to get hot



The amp should last a lifetime with proper care.



Re-tube once a year. More often if things start to sound dull or not loud enough ... in that case, swap tubes out one at a time till you find the bad one.



can't help you on the manufacture date...



good luckI just got a fender super champ xd. Questions about it?
Hello there,



I posted an answer to your question over in the R%26amp;P area.



Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment