Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I change a tube shaped halogen bulb?

There is a ';type q'; halogen tube shaped bulb that went out in my bathroom. I have no clue how to change it. On each end of the tube there are wires going into it. Do I just pull them out? How are they attached and how will I get them into a new bulb? The wires go into the ceiling (that metal receptical with all the wires in it within the ceiling).



I haven't even been able to find this ';type q'; bulb in any searchers online. It has a similar shape to this bulb: http://www.goodmart.com/products/171153.htm



Wen did changing lightbulbs become so bizarre. After removing the light fixture cover, I thought I'd see a bulb I could just unscrew from one end, screw in a new one and be done with it.



Maybe I'm the problem. Maybe I'm just useless and worthless ;(How do I change a tube shaped halogen bulb?
One end of the contacts holding the bulb is on a spring. Just push against the spring and lift out the bulb - be firm like you would replacing a battery in a remote control. To replace the bulb compress the spring and slide the other end onto its contactHow do I change a tube shaped halogen bulb?
Huge is correct. It should be spring loaded. The bulbs should be available at Home Depot or Lowes, even Walmart. Take the old bulb with you to get the right size and wattage. These bulbs get very hot so keep fingerprints off of them. Wipe it clean after installing.
i would agree with your last paragraph ... it's a light bulb .

No comments:

Post a Comment