Saturday, November 20, 2010

Changing the magazine tube on a mossberg 500a?

I've read the how to change the magazine tube. I am going from an 8 shot to the 'standard' 6 shot to allow barrel changes. Does anyone know if the new tubes come with spring (internals) and/or can you use the parts from 8 shot magtube? What would be a good barrel length/ choke opt for turkey hunting?Changing the magazine tube on a mossberg 500a?
I'm honestly not sure about some of your other questions but here's a video on how to change the tube. These r great shotguns I hav 2 and I have no complaints.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbWcPdTRChanging the magazine tube on a mossberg 500a?
Not all new tubes come with internals -- depends on whether or not you bought a ';part'; or a ';kit.';



Yes, the 8-shot magazine spring and follower will work just fine in the 6-shot. Might be a bit stiffer than you're used to, but other than that, you shouldn't have a problem.



I have no idea on the barrel length for turkey...I don't hunt them.



But I have changed magazines on a Mossy 500 before.



Once or twice.
ive never bought a ';new'; tube....the used ones ive bought have all come with the internals....would think the 8 shot internals would not work....



for turkey a 28'; with modified should do about the best....but i don't hunt much .......
yes u can use the 8 shot ,,and full or mod choke,,,with shot # 5- 4 28 inch r 30inch full,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment