Monday, November 22, 2010

How much should It cost to get coolant tubes in radiater changed ?

I recently took my car for servicing and the mechanic told me that the coolant was leeking and needed fixing, though I had not noticed anything I still agreed and got it done and he charged me $450 just after two weeks of getting it serviced and fixed I actually noticed coolant leaking in my driveway. I took the car back to the mechanic this time he told me that the coolant tubes in the radiator were corroded and needed replacement and gave me a quote of $1500. I am finding it hard to trust him. What should I do? does it really cost this much to get them replaced.How much should It cost to get coolant tubes in radiater changed ?
I would suggest that you try a couple of other garages for quotes or you could try one of the large motoring organisations for advice.



Unless you personally know this ';Mechanic'; and know him to be genuine then get it checked out. I got ripped off a good many years ago by a so called mechanic, i got most of my money back after a friend of mine had a chat with him, but you might not be so lucky.



As i said check it out and good luck.How much should It cost to get coolant tubes in radiater changed ?
it will be a whole lot cheaper to just buy a new radiator. someimes you can find one still in good shape at the junk yards. but it is defenatly not worth 1500
It doesnt cost that much to get a new raidiator put in I suggest you find a new mechanic or an even better idea is take it to a raidiator shop and have them put a new core in it a couple of hundred at the most and your good
I don't know what country you're in but I live in the US and when my radiator is leaking, I call down to Auto Zone for a replacement. My truck radiator was $150 new. I priced one for my Mercury Villager and it was $199. Be serious. Take your business away from this guy, run don't walk. Know what the job should be worth before you walk into a repair shop.
Well there really isn't enough info for me to answer this question. What kind of car do you have?

I have never heard of replacing the ';Coolant Tubes'; are you sure he wasn't meaning to replace the whole radiator? Depending on what type of car you have you could always go to AutoZone.com and find out how much a new radiator would cost. Without knowing what type of car you are fixing it's really tough to give you a good answer. Good Luck.
it is cheaper by far to simply replace the radiator. most radiators, brand new run between 100-290 plus the installation charge. get yourself to a new service provider. this guy is giving the rest of us a bad name
a new radiator costs $100 to 300 labor to install between $50 and 200
so the total is .$1950?????..i hope that includes a rebuilt engine too ..get away from that rip off mechanic.....

No comments:

Post a Comment